Register or renew Membership
What SPAWA offers…
The School Psychologists’ Association of Western Australia currently provides members with:
- A regular newsletter that includes articles of interest, information about relevant websites, associations and professional development opportunities, book reviews and other information of direct relevance to school psychologists.
- Eligibility for recognition through the Annual SPA awards; School Psychologist and Early Career School Psychologist of the Year Awards and the Research Into Practice Award.
- Reduced rates for the annual conference and other professional development organised by the Association.
- Membership of the Australian Psychologists and Counsellors in Schools (APACS) through SPA’s affiliation with this national body.
- Access to APACS high quality biannual newsletter and journal.
- Discounted rates for APACS national conference held every two years at various locations around Australia.
- Representation of the interests of school psychologists to employing organisations
- Opportunities to develop collegial relationships with your professional peers.
Who can join…
Membership of the School Psychologists’ Association of WA is open to individuals working within the Government, non-Government and Independent education sectors and to tertiary students, according to the following categories and criteria:
Members are individuals who have completed a course of tertiary training in education and psychology, which the Association recognises as suitable training for school psychologist duties, and are performing or have performed duties recognised as normal school psychologist practice. Members are eligible for registration as psychologists in Australia.
Associate Members are individuals who have completed a course of tertiary training in psychology only, which the Association recognises as suitable training for School Psychologist duties, and are performing or have performed duties recognised as normal School Psychologist practice. Associate Members are eligible for registration as Psychologists in Australia but do not hold a qualification in education.
Student Members are individuals who have completed at least three years of a course of tertiary training which the Association recognises as suitable training for School Psychologist duties, and who anticipate performing duties recognised as normal School Psychologist practice. Student membership is limited to four years.
Associate and Student Members do not have full voting rights.